(1) The 5 Present Dolyaks you need to protect
(2) The various siege weapons available to the players
Responsible for design, weapon balance, event scripting, and spawn placement.
Toymaker Tixx’s toy making machine has malfunctioned! Protect the last of the Present Dolyaks from the legions of malfunctioning toys coming out of his machine.
- The mini-game has tower defense style gameplay.
- Players must protect 5 Present Dolyaks from enemy attacks.
- There are 5 types of enemies:
- Princess Dolls
- Ventari Figures
- Charr Toy Soldiers
- Stuffed Griffons
- Toy Golems
- Players can choose from 3 different weapons:
- Toy Cap Rifle
- Toy Repair Pistol
- Players can build additional defenses for the dolyaks by using supplies to build siege weapons.
- Four siege weapons can be built:
- Candy Cane Ballista
- Snow Catapult
- Snow Barriers
- Siege weapons can be upgraded or repaired with supplies.
- Player can destroy the miniature buildings to gather supplies.
- There are 2 types of supplies:
- Players win the game by having at least 1 dolyak survive through all the waves of enemies
- Players fail the game if all 5 dolyaks die.
- There are 10 rounds of enemies attacks, with every other round increasing the number of enemies.
- At the end of every 2 rounds, hay will appear that will heal some of the dolyak’s health if fed to one of the dolyaks.
- At the end of every other round Toxx, a malfunctioning golem, appears.
- Players can also hire skritt mercenaries to protect the dolyaks for 3 scraps or build mortar cannons.
- The structure was to have 1 event script track all the rounds and individual event scripts track each round.
- The overall tracking event script also tracks the number of dolyaks and level of the current game.
- Completion of one of the individual events would update the overall tracking event.
- The weapons the players choose perform a specific role:
- Toy Cap Rifle – Slow attack and recharge but higher damage attacks.
- Toysmasher – Crowd Control weapon, hit for average damage. knockdown to help slow enemy progress.
- Toy Repair Pistol – Support weapon. Each skill slows enemy toys in various ways. Stun, mind control, decoys. Used to buy time but not do much damage.
- The siege weapons:
- Ballista – Fast attack, but not strong. Shoots at 1 target at a time.
- Snow Catapult – AOE damage attack, slow attack speed to balance higher damage and AOE
- Snowman – Single Fast attack low damage but causes freezing to slow down the enemies.
- Snow Barrier – No attack, but high health. Blocks enemy path; will not progress forward until barrier is destroyed.
- Each Siege weapon could be upgraded twice to increase damage and health.
- There is a limited amount of scrap and snow on the map. If players destroyed all the buildings too quickly they could run out of supplies too early.
- Hay was added after initial playtests found it too hard to win without some way to heal the dolyaks.
- Toxx was added at the end of every other round to indicate the end of a level.
- There were 5 levels of rampaging toys: Skirmish, Assault, Siege, Onslaught, & Toypocalypse
- When first released there was an achievement called “Toypocalyse Cancelled”. It required all 5 dolyaks to be alive at the end. This was changed due to players dropping out of the fight if one dolyak died causing frustration for the remaining players.
(Images from Guild Wars 2 Wiki & dulfy)