(1) The item needed.
(2) Fighting the Ancient Creature.
(3) Arcanist Dremus channeling the seal.
Contributed to Dynamic event scripting, Renown Heart scripting, NPC idle scene scripting & base spawn placement.
Example of content I worked on:
Arcanist Dremus has been sent out to study an ancient dwarven ruin know as the Dracon Steles. It seems to be intact except one piece is missing. If players can find this piece they can activate the artifact. Upon giving the artifact to Dremus, the artifact activates, releasing an Ancient Creature that the players will have to fight.
- There are 2 events here:
- The first is to drive back the Ancient Creature to its cave in hopes of sealing it again.
- The second is to protect Dremus while he tries to reseal the Ancient Creature.
- The events can only be started if they have the item required (Gear Crank) to work the artifact.
- The Ancient Creature will retreat back to the cave it was released from with every 25% health lost.
- Once the creature is at 0 health it will move back to the cave and start the next event.
- The second event is to prevent the creatures summoned by the Ancient Creature from attacking Arcanist Dremus while he is activating the artifact to seal in the Ancient Creature.
- If any Fleshreavers get to Dremus and attack him it pauses the sealing process.
- If time runs out before the sealing is complete the event fails.
- There is a map-wide drop rate to get the Gear Crank needed to start the event. Every time a creature dies on the map there is a chance they will drop the item.
- The first event script tracks the Ancient Creature’s health. Every 25% of its health lost will tell the script to move the Ancient Creature back closer to the cave.
- Veteran Fleshreavers will spawn at various points in the area. This is done to prevent players from clumping on one spawn point.
- Dremus is scripted to slowly count up until the seal is complete. This action can be interrupted by the Fleshreavers getting into combat with Dremus.
- The event is set up to allow some margin of error if a Fleshreaver reaches Dremus.
- The event succeeds if Dremus gets the counter bar finished before time runs out on the timer.
- The fail mechanic is a timer counting down. Once it reaches 0, the Ancient Creatures is back at full strength and the event fails.
- Failure causes the Ancient Creature event to kick off again.